- This event has passed.
Blended Online Mental Health First Aid -19/20 May
May 19 - 11:00 am - May 20 - 4:30 pm$150 – $200
19 May 2020: 11.00am-1.30pm (live session 1) (Melbourne Time)
20 May 2020: 2.00pm-4.30pm (live session 2) (Melbourne Time)
While Australia faces physical distancing to contain the impact of COVID-19, the Blended Online MHFA course is being offered as an alternative to the Standard MHFA 2-day course.
This online blended Mental Health First Aid course consists of a combination of
- Self-paced online eLearning (4-7 hours), and
- 2 x 2.5 hour ‘face-to-face’ workshops delivered via fully interactive online training sessions.
The follow-on face-to-face session delivered by a senior, experienced and accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructor via Zoom will allow participants the opportunity to revise and consolidate knowledge and skills in a group environment, and to apply their skills to specific scenarios.
The face-to-face live training must be completed within 3 months of completing the initial eLearning.
Maximum of 12 participants for face-to-face live training sessions.
- Mental health problems in Australia
- Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Mental health illnesses including depression, anxiety problems and psychosis and substance use problems
- Mental health crises or episodes including suicidal thoughts, non-suicidal self-injury, panic attack, traumatic event, severe psychotic state and aggressive behaviour
This training will be presented by WPI facilitators who are experienced in delivering workplace targeted training. Meaning a tailored approach to discussions and training content, enabling workplaces to learn how to become more proactive in preventing workplace mental health issues or injuries. WPI are industry professionals with a reputation and commitment to always deliver on best practice ‘early intervention’ programs.
This course has also been endorsed for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for a number of professions. This includes nurses, pharmacists, fitness instructors, social workers, physiotherapists and others.
Note Employees trained as accredited Mental Health First Aiders are eligible to be as appointed as Mental Health First Aid Officers in the workplace.
Terms and Conditions
1. Cancellations will be accepted up to ten business days prior to the scheduled course date, otherwise the full course fee is payable. A substitute participant is welcome to attend however please note there are NO REFUNDS for courses cancelled within 10 business days of the course date or for missed sessions.
2. WorkPlace Interventions reserves the right to cancel or postpone any session to an alternative date. All registered participants affected by a cancellation/postponement will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available session or the option to choose an alternative date.
3. Those purchasing the eLearning and live training package, must provide an address for each participant for mailing of the MHFA manual.